After recently receiving a promotion I was sent to Colorado to one of our main offices for training. I have traveled alone on many occasions, but never on a business trip. It was quite a moment for me saying that I would be out of town for work.
There were a few things I enjoyed and a few things that were hard. I will start with the list of things I enjoyed while in Colorado on business – in no particular order:
- Freedom – to make my own schedule or to not have one (aside from my work hours) because I was flying solo.
- The ability to choose any restaurant without worrying about whether or not everyone else would like something on the menu.
- Having the hotel nice and toasty!
- Being able to meander around aimlessly.
- Parental responsibilities.
- Working with my team in person versus remote (it was refreshing).
- Spending time with my brother.
- Seeing an old friend and meeting her baby boy.
- Savoring my coffee and breakfast with favorite apps: Facebook, WordPress, Instagram.
- Lunches with my co-workers.
- Watching the sweet little prairie dogs outside my work and EVERYWHERE!!
This is me at Eldorado Canyon – SELFIE!!
I pulled over at the side of the road for this shot on my way from the airport to Eldorado Springs, Co. It took my breath away! I swear I stood here for 15 minutes just taking in the view.
Things I missed:
- My husband.
- My daughter.
- My sweet, little, spoiled rotten puppy, who isn’t a puppy anymore – Shiva.
- My own bed.
- Hugs, snuggles and goodnight kisses.
- Taking care of my family (yes I can be excited about my break of parental responsibility and still miss the satisfaction I get from taking care of them).
- My sit-to-stand desk. Staying stationary is hard on my body.
- Not being out of breath from lack of oxygen every time I moved.
- Being home.
At the airport I enjoyed a delicious tequila and sprite (with lime of course) and found a fun treat which I did not indulge in, but had a laugh from. – Please see below.
Here is a picture of an adorable prairie dog because they are sooo stinkin cute! These little guys were everywhere! They appear to be the “squirrels” of Colorado.
Overall it was a great trip and fun experience. I enjoyed traveling for work and wouldn’t mind doing it a few times a year. I don’t think I could be someone who travels regularly for work – that is just not me.
How do you feel about traveling for work? What are your top pros and cons?
Comment and let me know!