Wow, 33! It is truly incredible to think about how long I have existed on this planet. I have not only survived, but lived for thirty-three years! There were many times I was not sure I would make it. There were also a handful of times when I was positive I would not pull through.
- Age: 2 -My parents had another child, “my replacement”. He stole their love and affection which was once only mine.
- Age: 4 -I lost my blankie and could not find it anywhere! It was certain that I would not make it through the night, but somehow I pulled through.
- Age: 7 -I was forced to wait 45 minutes until dinner to eat and was not allowed to have a snack during that time. Those were some of the longest minutes of my life.
- Age: 12 -My parents told me I was not allowed to have a boyfriend until I was 16 years old. I thought the world was going to end.
- Age: 13 -My first heartbreak. I didn’t think I would live through the pain and sorrow of a broken heart.
- Age: 14 -I was grounded for two weeks from friends, phone, tv and radio. Barely survived this one! I did not come out unscathed.
- Age: 16 -My first ticket – ‘failure to come to a complete stop’. I was sure my dad was going to kill me when I got home. Spoiler Alert – he didn’t.
- Age: 21 -Far too many drinks so I prayed to the porcelain god that IF I lived I would NEVER drink again. I not only lived, but did not hold up my end of the bargain.
The list is abbreviated because really it could go on forever. Looking back on all of these ‘near death’ experiences it seems that I have lived a pretty wonderful life. I cannot wait to see what the future brings!