If I could give a list to my younger self…although in all honesty I probably wouldn’t have listened anyways.
- Don’t get so busy making everyone around you happy that you forget to make yourself happy.
- It is not your job to fix everyone’s problems
- It is okay to say ‘No’ and not over extend yourself
- High school is nothing like the real world
- Occasionally your parents do know some things…
- Doing the opposite of what everyone else is doesn’t mean it’s the right thing
- You don’t need a partner to be complete, complete yourself
- What you see in the mirror is distorted
- You are beautiful
- You are skinny (please eat something!)
- Your parents aren’t trying to torture you, they love you
- Only you can make you happy
A few pictures from my childhood.